Social media/ website information - Annex B
Using your health data for planning and research
You can decide whether you wish to have your information extracted and there are two main options available to you.
Type 1 opt-out applies at organisational level and means that your medical record is not extracted from the organisation for any purpose other than for direct patient care. You can opt-out at any time. Opting out will mean that no further extractions will be taken from your medical record.
For a Type 1 Opt-out, you need to contact the practice by phone, email or post to let us know that you wish to opt-out.
The National Data Opt-out (NDO-O) allows data to be extracted by NHS England for its lawful purposes but it cannot share this information with anyone else for research and planning purposes. You can opt-out at any time.
NDO-O – you need to inform NHS England. Unfortunately, this cannot be done by the practice for you. You can opt in or out at any time and complete this by any of the following methods:
- Online service – You will need to know your NHS number or your postcode as registered at your GP practice via NHS Your Data Matters
- Telephone service - 0300 303 5678 which is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- NHS App – For use by patients aged 13 and over (95% of surgeries are now connected to the NHS App). The app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play
- “Print and post” registration form
- Photocopies of proof of the applicant’s name (e.g., passport, UK driving licence etc.) and address (e.g., utility bill, payslip etc.) need to be sent with the application.
- It can take up to 14 days to process the form once it arrives at NHS, PO Box 884, Leeds. LS1 9TZ
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.